Ford Argentina migrates its Oracle Applications to Java
Ford Motor Company has established Java as their new technology standard for front end management applications, thus creating a framework for their future software development.
• Migrate their VH application (Vehicle Invoicing App), originally developed in Oracle Forms, to Java, so that the software could be used more easily in existing web browsers.
• By working directly with MOST Group, the Ford team was able to successfully convert the front end of their management application.
• Ford was then able to adapt the application for use in other countries in South America, including Chile and Peru.
• The solution is directly integrated with Ford’s Oracle database
• The migration has enabled them to reduce their costs for IT resources, including software administration and maintenance.